GearBest is an eCommerce company specialized in gadgets and apparel. The company is headquartered in Shenzhen, China and counts more than 2,000 employees. Being located in the heart of the world biggest production district, GearBest offers innovative products that often are not yet in the market at extremely competitive prices.
[wpsm_button color=”orange” size=”big” link=”http://gearbest.com?lkid=10966707″ icon=”none” class=”” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]Shop now at GearBest[/wpsm_button]
Purchasing guide: hints
Is GearBest trustworthy and reliable? Standard question for international eCommerce companies.
Here some suggestions: [wpsm_list type=”bullet” hover=”0″ darklink=”1″ gap=”small”]
- Use only PayPal as payment method: PayPal protection has been extended to 180 days in Canada to grant higher level of safety on international transactions. At any time, you have a third-party platform that enhances your shopping cart protection. During the PayPal protection period you are also eligible to have reimbursement on shipping costs if you want to return the product to GearBest.
- Have your payment methods verified on first purchase: Verify your credit card on PayPal to have your gadgets dispatched quicker. (If the credit card address does not match the receiver address, GearBest might require an anti-fraud check)
- Always pick Priority Direct Mail or Expedited Shipping: Canadian Gadgetfans have Tax free delivery and tracking with priority direct mail. Extra fees will apply if you choose Expedited Shipping depending on the Courier.
- Buy insurance if the order exceeds 25C$: insurance at GearBest is extremely cheap and will add an additional layer of safety. In the unlucky event your parcel gets lost during delivery and if insurance bought, GearBest will reimburse you the amount or reship the product after investigating the problem with the courier company.
[wpsm_list type=”bullet” hover=”0″ darklink=”1″ gap=”small”]
- American Warehouse: Unfortunately does not Ship to Canada
- Priority Direct mail: No customs have to be paid on these orders. Unfortunately not all products can be sent with this method.
- Flat rate shipping: This is the default and free shipping method to Canada. Customs apply to products above 20$C. We suggest to only choose Royal Mail or Netherland Post in case Expedited Shipping seems to expensive.
- Expedited Shipping: DHL, FedEx, USPS or UPS. Fastest shipping available, but also subject to customs for products above 20$C and different brokerage fees for each courier company (up to 40$C).
- Handling Fee: All Parcels passing the canadian customs office (above 20$C) have to pay an additional 5$C Handling Fee for the paperwork and preparation done during the importing process
Handling fee and customs
The customs canadian buyers have to pay differ among all the provinces, but the Handling Fee of 5$C is the same for all of them. Importing via mail forces you to pay PST (Provincial Sales Tax) and GST (Goods and Services Tax) or HST (Harmonized Sales Tax) depending on where you live. Some parcels may slip through customs, because GearBest usually declares the parcel as a gift or at a lower value. In the following we want to show you the taxes for all provinces (PST and GST added together) in Canada.
|Alberta: 5%||Nunavut: 5%|
|British Columbia: 12%||Ontario: 13%|
|Manitoba: 13%||Prince Edward Island: 14%|
|New Brunswick: 13%||Quebec: 15%|
|Newfoundland and Labrador: 13%||Saskatchewan: 10%|
|Northwest Territories: 5%||Yukong: 5%|
|Nova Scotia: 15%|
Priority Direct Mail
The only method to not pay customs is to order via Priority Direct Mail on GearBest, which is free in most cases. Not all products can be shipped with this method, but Quadcopter, Smartphones or other Electronics are eligible. You will find two different names in your GearBest basket: “CA Priority Mail” or “Canada Express”. The logisticspartner is UBI and also provides a fairly accurate Tracking service for all our canadian customers. To track your order please visit ubismartparcel.gotoubi.com.
The average shipping time for this method is around 10-15 days, but some orders may arrive even early. Please remember, that the process of prepaying the customs by GearBest might cause some delays. This is the best shipping method for GearBest to Canada.
During checkout there is an option to add shipping insurance. We suggest to add insurance for orders above 20$C. You will get a full refund on orders with shipping insurance in case of a lost parcel or dead on arrival products. Orders above 20$C with no insurance might not receive full reimbursement (usually 50%) in case the parcel gets lost during transit. To ensure all possible problems will be resolved with ease, we highly recommend you to get the extra insurance on high value products.
Warranty & Returns
All products are subject to 1 year warranty if not differently specified on the product page. Additionally, you have a 45 days time-frame to return the item if you are not satisfied with your purchase.
Altering the product voids this warranty so please make sure that possible software updates origin from a trustworthy source.
Under very rare circumstances you will receive a dead on arrival product or a wrong product. Few hints:[wpsm_list type=”bullet” hover=”0″ darklink=”1″ gap=”small”]
- open a ticket within 72 hours from the moment you receive your item and upload a picture or video to prove the issue
- GearBest will reship or reimburse. Mention your choice in the ticket
- For low value items GearBest might reship without asking you to send back the broken product
- For expensive items GearBest might require you to send back the broken product (*)[/wpsm_list]
(*) If you have to send back the broken or wrong product, GearBest will reimburse your shipping costs up to 50USD. Follow carefully the instruction provided in the RMA letter. The parcel will take time to reach GearBest. Once arrived will be processed in around 7-10 business days. If you urge the item, we suggest you to go for reimbursement and consider a new item.
From our Shenzhen Warehouse the shipping time is specified on the product page. During peak season there might be delays due to high amount of orders and the lack of capacity of the logistic partners. If you see your order facing unnatural delays, open a ticket on support.gearbest.com. Remember, once a ticket is opened for an order that was not sent out yet, GearBest will automatically set its status to “on hold” and only deliver once the problem mentioned in the ticket is solved. We recommend to wait atleast 7 business days before opening a ticket and read the product page and the given dispatch time carefully.
The official gearbest support is available at support.gearbest.com. Any official change to your order has to be taken through this channel. For problems that are not connected with an upcoming refund process, we suggest you to take a look at one of the facebook pages we established. You can even find small languages like german or italian there. Most of the time the support team will offer refunds into the GearBest wallet or in form of GB Coins. For refunds to your PayPal Account, please check the following point.
If you open a PayPal dispute for a yet not shipped item, GearBest will reimburse the order as soon as possible.
If you open a PayPal case for a shipped item, GearBest will reimburse once the item is send back to GearBest.
We suggest to open a PayPal case only if the purpose of the action is reimbursement.
FAQ[wpsm_list type=”bullet” hover=”0″ darklink=”1″ gap=”small”]
- You will receive an US power adapter for any order with electronics shipped to Canada.
- Priority Direct Mail tracking at gotoubi.com
- Netherland Post or Royal Mail tracking at PostNL.post & royalmail.com
- Expedited or Express shipping tracking at 17track.net